Spicy Vegan Pilau
Heat pan with oil and add cumin seeds and cinnamon. Cook for 1-2 minutes and then add the onions.
- Saute the onions for 5-7 minutes or until they start to brown – then add the vegetables.
- If you have any additional vegetables you want to add do that now.
- Add turmeric, salt, Ginger, Chilli and Garlic sauce, and rice. Mix in 600ml of water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes, until the water is absorbed. Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Serve and enjoy with a dollop of yogurt.